A boring piece of denim can easily be made exciting or fun with a little touch of paint, don’t you think? But, saying so, it isn’t an easy job to select the ideal color for your denim. Because these textile paints have an elaborate range from kid-friendly paints to professional paints for experts. Again, there are different colors for the different texture of clothes.
But not to worry. We are here to help you with that. We did all the research for you to find you the best fabric paint for denim you would like.
Reviews of Best Fabric Paint For Denim:
The following list represents the best fabric paints for denim. Without saying much let’s have a look:
Our no#1 choice for best fabric paint for denim is it. This amazing set of glow in the dark fabric paint is a wonderful product for creating fun fabric paint. This product is from E-Z Journey who are determined to provide the best product within a budget-friendly price.
This fabric paint comes with 24 different colors which have glitters and glow in the dark included. Comes in squeeze bottles for the ease of use. But you can also use them with any brush on the surface.
- Toxic and chemical free- thus safe for children
- Colors are permanent, so no tension of washing off
- 24 different colors to doodle, paint or create anything including glitters and glow in the dark paint
- Comes with brushes and stencils which makes it easier to use
- Apart from denim, they are also applicable to glass, wood or metal
- This might feel sticky if not handles properly
- Lower resistance to wash
These fabric colors are so compatible with denim that they look just as real as printed denim. These colors make the denim soft even after washing they are as good as new. It is made in the USA and of the best quality paint for your denim.
The bottles are made in such a way that you can directly use the paint from the bottle. It doesn’t feel thick or sticky so sets on the cloth very well.
- Makes the denim soft and comfy
- Dries faster so no hassle of the paint getting stuck on other things
- Colors are intense and semi-opaque color gives the denim a solid look
- Can be used on wood, glass or synthetic clothes besides denim
- The color applicator makes it very easy to use even for beginners
- Comes in a relatively smaller bottle
- Not as opaque as it claims
3. Tulip ColorShot:
Among all the fabric paints Tulip has a name for its durability, quality, and intensity. Spray on fabric colors are very easy to use and no need to take the hassles of brush and stencils. These permanent colors are washable and dry quicker than any other colors. It makes the cloth feel so soft to touch and can be used on the various surface from denim to glass.
- Permanent colors ensure the paint stays even after multiple washes
- Feels soft to touch
- Blends well on any type of fabric
- Spray on bottles makes it easy to use
- Dries quickly than other fabric colors
- Available in various colors
- It may be a little toxic so proper care is needed
- Colors are not very bright
The name says it all. Shiny and vibrant- these paints promise to make a pair of boring denim fun and cheerful. These pen style fabric colors are supremely easy to use because of their structure. They come in more than 30 vibrant colors. These paints put a permanent design which stays even after washing. Toxic-free paints are safe for your children to play with.
- Pen style paint bottles make it easy to use
- Permanent colors stay even after washing
- No chemicals or toxins are used making it completely safe for kids
- More than 30 colors are available which are shiny and vibrant
- Money back guarantee which reassures the quality of the paint
- There is metallic flick in the colors making it shiny
- If not properly stored, the bottles get clogged easily
- Color density is light and not suitable for deep color effect.
- Feels a bit watery on the fabric
This spray paint from simply spray is a unique creation which makes the painting on fabrics or denim easy and fun. This is one of those eco-friendly spray paints that are harmless to the environment. Toxic-free and kid-friendly so you can let your kids play with it without any worry. This fabric is permanent and washable. It has no odor and it is non-flammable.
- No chemicals or toxins added, thus they are eco-friendly and non-flammable
- Safe for children as no toxin is used
- Permanent colors ensure longer durability
- Doesn’t have any chemical like smell
- Easy to use with a variety of colors available
- Does not blend well with all types of fabrics
- Somewhat overly saturated
Things To Consider Before Getting A Fabric Paint For Denim
There are several factors you might want to consider before getting one of the fabric colors. Such as-
- What type of paint do you want to use? There are several methods available such as spray on, pen style or traditional colors using brushes. Decide which one is convenient for you.
- Opaqueness is another factor you should consider. Dark colored fabrics or denim need more opaque paints and lighter needs less.
- How much time does the paint need to dry is another important factor. Good quality paints take less time to dry.
- If you want to make 3D paint or a puffed design, the thickness of the paint is to be considered seriously.
- Durability is a very desirable trait in fabric color. Top quality paints are permanent and do not wash off easily.
- A good quality fabric paint is consistent and even all over. So, check that out too.
Some Tips On How To Paint On Denim:
If you are an expert you probably know what to do. But as a beginner, first, collect all the materials. Think of a design and make a sketch. These are permanent colors, so be careful of the bleeding. Try to heat seal them. Little care can make it work just fine!
In short, the best quality fabric paint is permanent, dries faster and in most cases toxic free. All the paints mentioned above can be considered as the best fabric paint for denim. As there are many types of fabric paints available, it may seem a bit confusing at first, but knowing what you need and how you want to do it will make the work easier. The rest falls in line!
Post You May Also Like – Best Fabric For Hot Humid Weather