If you are looking for the best embroidery digitizing software for your machine then you have come to the right place.
By picking the right digitizing software you will be able to enhance your design skills and create the unique patterns possible. You can turn any picture into the design and have it embroidered on to a piece of fabric so the possibilities are countless.
But for those who are still new to the concept it is important you know all there is to know about digitizing software for embroidery machines and how it works.
Let us start by answering the two most important questions:
What is the Best Embroidery Digitizing Software?
Best digitizing software for embroidery machines is a program set to trace artwork with stitches and have it transformed into an embroidery file. Pick an image, be it a family portrait, your favorite painting, or a logo, and the software is programmed to turn it into a stitch file format enabling the embroidery machine to sew the image on a piece of fabric.
When Do You Need Digitizing Software for Embroidery Machines?
While most modern-day embroidery machines come with built-in designs and many also allow you to import designs through a USB, you can’t but help feel restricted to a limited number of patterns to work with.
However, if you install the embroidery software you can create custom designs and enhance your creativity to its peak.
Best Embroidery Digitizing Software Reviews
1. BuzzXplore v2 Premier Embroidery Design Management.
- Organize and Manage Your Embroidery Designs
- Embroidery Drive Writing
- Convert Embroidery Formats
The BuzzXplore v2 Premier Embroidery Design Management is designed to provide users with all the necessary tools for managing your design files.
Intended to work like Windows Explorer, it should not take you long to understand how things work with the software, making it ideal for those with minimum knowledge on digitizing software.
There are no separate catalogs to maintain, you can print, drag and drop, convert, zip and unzip files and do so much more directly with the files on your computer.
Users are treated to thumbnails and multiple designs viewing with high-quality 3-D threads, no annoying machine icons.
With the catalog mode, you can browse, convert or sort several designs or folders while also having access to creating a folder tree accommodating over 500 design categories.
Everything starting from editing to locating, organizing to zip archive support is made easy and super fun with this software.
2. Embrilliance Essentials Embroidery Machine Software for Mac & PC.
- Note: Embrilliance Essentials does not convert JPG or other graphics to embroidery designs: To create designs, use our Embrilliance StitchArtist series.
- Resize existing embroidery stitch files with automatic stitch recalculation.
- Add lettering in Multi-Line, Monogram and Circle modes. You can even spiral text or make really LARGE letters.
Embrilliance created the Essentials program to allow embroider enthusiasts to get the best out of embroidery digitizing with the right kind of tools available within the platform.
The software works with both Mac and PC so you can enjoy its modern and fun applications regardless of the device or Windows version you use.
Add a name, special message, or any text to your designs and make it even more personal and unique with the customizable text tools that enable you to effortlessly add lettering to any part of your design automatically.
With various modes such as multi-line, circle, lettering feature, and monogram you can customize the lettering to your preferred style, shape, and size.
Merging embroidery designs is a piece of cake with possibilities of working with most formats, even from Zip files.
You can resize and add color to your designs and convert embroidery thread brands in your designs while also changing or removing specific thread colors.
If you are keen on seeing how your designs will sew out then simply run the stitch simulator to get a sample of how it will turn out.
One thing to note is that this software is not designed to convert JPG or other images to embroidery designs so you need to have your designs created on another platform.
If you want to stick to the same brand for the job then you could try out the Embrilliance StitchArtist series.
3. Embrilliance StitchArtist Upgrade Level 1 to Level 2 Digitizing Embroidery Software for Mac & PC.
- This is an upgrade version to go from level 1 to Level 2. You need to own level 1 first. If you do not own Level 1, you can simply purchase Level 2 (not this upgrade version).
- Level 2 is designed for production and skills training for those who would like to create more sophisticated designs, as well as a more complete set of tools. It will allow the user to learn a wide cross-section of stitch types and properties, and have enough freedom to create virtually any design.
- Windows XP SP2 and later, OSX 10.58 and later As of this writing, Windows 10 and Mac OSX Yosemite are the latest versions of those operating systems. The Embrilliance platform is compatible with both.
From one Embrilliance program to another, this is the software we mentioned earlier that’s designed to digitize machine embroidery designs from scratch.
The StitchArtist is programmed for both PC and Mac operating system and it enables users to create or work with existing artwork with the help of some essential tools and easy to follow instructions.
StitchArtist Level 2 provides training for those who are more interested in producing complex, sophisticated, and professional designs.
Although the program can be tagged as ‘specialized software’ where the user is required to have some knowledge on embroidery digitization it still manages to make the process easy and quick for those less skilled or still on the verge of learning.
With just one mode to draw, edit, and set stitches you will be able to work through the automatic software and thoroughly enjoy countless possibilities of design creations.
Those needing extra help can always turn to the user guide that’s included with clear instructions and information on the tools and application.
Keep in mind that this is an upgrade version so you need to own level 1 first to upgrade to level 2. In case you don’t own level 1 then you can purchase level 2 directly. Considering the overall factors we marked it is the best embroidery software for mac.
4. Amazing Designs Letter It and Monogram It Software Combo.
- Includes Embroidery Stabilizer Bundle:
- 50 Precut Sheets of each Wash Away, Tear Away & Cut Away (Size: 12"x10", fits 5x7 Hoops)
- Letter It! Details: Choose from 35 fonts, from formal to whimsical Create single-line or multi-line text Use Circle Text, Path Text and Vertical Text layouts Import any alphabet design collections and use them like fonts with the Font Importer Change fill stitches for larger font sizes Adjust pull compensation Merge lettering with your embroidery designs Select background color or scan and view background fabric Merge designs on screen Move hoop bracket to accommodate any embroidery machine View with Grid, Stitch Points or Realistic Preview Includes 19 thread charts to match a selected thread palette on loading See color stops with color advance and color reverse options Watch how designs stitch out with the draw bar stitch simulator Print with or without cross hairs for accurate placement Send to Little Max ... and more!
Are you looking for a computer program that will let you add letters and texts to your embroidery designs without any leaving you scratching your head or staring at the computer screen wondering how to use the software?
Then the Amazing Designs Letter It and Monogram It Combo may just be the program for you.
Not only do you get two products at an affordable price, but the software is also designed to make things super easy so you can have a lot of fun while you add those special texts to your designs.
With the Letter, you get to choose from 35 fonts while also having access to tools for circle text, path text, and vertical text layouts. You can import any alphabetical designs and change font size, color, and merge lettering to your designs.
The MonogramIt programs give you 24 monogram fonts that also include 2 appliqué fonts, 25 built-in frame, and 39 built-in embroidery designs.
You can work with both programs together and give unique lettering to your monograms.
With this combo software package, you can easily enhance your collection of fonts/monograms when the built-in ones that come with your embroidery machine don’t seem enough. Its user-friendly tools also make it one of the best lettering and monogramming combo platforms to install for beginners.
All the above best embroidery digitizing software is perfect for creating unique embroidery patterns and designs. We also reviewed here one of the best embroidery books for beginners in case if you need it.
John Deer Digitizing Made Easy– best embroidery book
If you are a beginner or you are finding it hard to understand how things work in the embroidery digitizing world then this is the book for you.
The book aims at simplifying and explaining every aspect of digitizing software to hobbyists as well as commercial machine embroiderers.
With a paperback format and a total of 128 pages, John Deer Digitizing Made Easy covers all the details and topics related to digitizing software, answering every question you have in mind.
You get lessons on the artwork, auto-digitizing, underlay and blending, various stitching styles and stitch types, mapping, and sequencing all demonstrated and explained clearly in 250 step-by-step color photos.
By identifying and understanding the use and application of each tool you will be able to digitize better and by the end of the lesson, you will have countless designs ideas in your mind.
If you are serious about digitizing and want to get better at it then this is the book for you.
How to Pick the Best Embroidery Digitizing Software
If you start to search the market for embroidery digitizing software you will be overwhelmed by the number of options you get. With so many products available it becomes difficult to choose the best one for the price.
But it isn’t impossible to pick the right software. By considering the factors mentioned below you can easily figure out which software to install.
Remember that not all software is designed to work with every device so it is important that you check the compatibility before buying the product of your choice.
You can easily avoid spending your cash on the wrong software by simply noting down your embroidery machine’s type or model and your computer, and check if the software is compatible with them or not.
Software manufacturers always state which devices the software is compatible with so this shouldn’t be hard to figure out.
Some software only works with Windows (PC) while some work just as well with Mac. Depending on your device and system this is the first thing that you should check out.
- Ease of Use
Just like not all software is compatible with every device out there, the level of difficulty for the user may also vary. Some software is very easily programmed and can be mastered even by those not highly skilled in the technical department while some are only meant for advanced users.
While it is true that all software will require some basic training and getting used to, there is no denying that you will be able to learn some versions quicker than others.
If you think that you are a slow learner or you prefer to stick to the simple and straight-cut programs then find out about the complications related to the software before purchase.
- Types of patterns
You need to have an idea of what kind of designs you want to work with or what level of customization you are seeking before you begin looking for digitizing software to install.
Once you are sure of what you want to check out what kind of patterns the software you are interested in has to offer.
Find out what kind of built-in features the software comes with and if they are what you wish to work with.
Types of Embroidery Software
There are quite a few different types of embroidery software, and we have listed the most popular types for you.
1. Digitizers- These software programs are designed to turn images to embroidery files so your embroidery machine can sew it on to fabric. Once you have scanned and transferred your chosen artwork the software is responsible for converting the vector format into a stitch format which can then be used for sewing.
2. Vectorizers- Vectorizing software translates a picture from a bitmap format to a vector format, preparing it for digitalizing. A computer cannot do much with a bitmap image, therefore, it is important to redraw it as a vector image, making it more editable for further customization.
3. Monogramming- Through this software you will be able to add letters and words to your designs, allowing a more personal touch to your creations. Monogramming involves creating unique stitching fonts by mixing letters with various components resulting in exclusive fonts.
4. Editors- An editor embroidery software enables its user to edit a design by resizing or reshaping it. With decent editor software, you gain full control of customizing a design or pattern and creating something you feel worthy to stitch on your fabric.
Embroidery Digitizing Software Free Trial
We are not talking about free versions here but free trails offered by legit software companies.
If you are not sure about a product and are hesitant to purchase it without trying it out first then choosing the ones with free trials may help.
Remember that during the free trial period you may not have access to all the features but it will still give you an idea of how the software works. This will help you decide whether it is the software you are looking for or not.
Honest Customer Feedback
You will never really know about the software you wish to buy until you hear about it from other users. By reading customer reviews on a product you will be able to gather information about the program before you buy it. If you want you can check out many forums online where previous and existing users discuss the software, or you could even go directly to the customer review section on online selling sites like Amazon to learn more about the experiences that customers had while using the software.
Do I need any other devices other than my PC and Embroidery machine to work with the software?
Yes, you will need a scanner to scan your chosen image and transfer it to your computer for the software to work on it. You could also do with a scan file which you will have to import for conversion.
Will I get any customer support while using free version software?
In most cases’ no. Until you get a paid program the creators of the software are not compelled to provide you with any assistance. You will also not be allowed to upgrade your software without paying for it.
Can embroidery software be used on more than one embroidery machine?
Embroidery software needs to be installed on a computer after which you can create your designs and save them as embroidery files. If your embroidery machines are compatible with the software then it won’t matter how many embroidery machines you use for stitching.
If you are serious about creating designs then we highly recommend the above embroidery digitizing software and platforms.
By installing any one of these programs on your computer you can design that perfect sweater for your kid or gift a loved one something unique with a personal touch to make it even more special or perhaps you can finally start your own little business and have your work recognized and appreciated by many others.
Whether you want to customize crafts, digitize your special artwork, or upgrade your sewing skills you definitely need the best embroidery digitizing software to make it the process worth your time and money.