Travel pants- the name gives a hint about whatthey are. Yes, they are made especially for traveling. At a glance, there mightnot be any difference visible but trust me, there is. And it is a big deal tohave a pair of travel pants with you while traveling, especially in the hotregions.
The travel pants should be comfortable,flexible and easy to use, but what about the style? Not all the travel pantsare suitable for every kind of adventure. You can’t use the city pants tohiking, can you? There are a few things one needs to keep in mind whilechoosing a travel pant for hot weather.
What makes a travel pant worthy? How to choosethe best travel pants for hot weather? Well, that can get confusing as themarket is flooded with a lot of options. So, we made the research and narroweddown a list of the best travel pants for hot weather.
Read the article and decide for yourself whichtravel pant is the perfect one for you. By the end of the article, there aresome tips and tricks for wearing travel pants during hot weather.
So, let’s get started!
Review of 6 Best Travel Pants For Hot Weather
When you are on some adventurous journey inhot weather, the first thing you need is comfort. Thus your pants have to bebreathable, comfortable and flexible. Not to mention, a lot of pockets andextra zippers will add more convenience to the pants. Now you know why choosingthe best pair of travel pants is important when you are traveling in hotweather.
Here is a list of 6 travel pants that are madeespecially for wearing in hot weather. The whole list is designed keeping thecomfort, flexibility, and convenience as well as the budget in mind.
Here it goes:
1. Columbia Men’s Silver Ridge Convertible Pant
Undoubtedly this pant is one of the bestoptions to wear while traveling in hot weather. These are the convertible oneswhich have a zipper on the knee. The zipper allows the pants to be a 10 inchlong shorts. So, in the summer season or hot weather just zip out the extrapart.
Nylon ripstop material with UPF 50 fabrichelps to keep the pants dry and make you feel cool. Also, it is made of theadvanced wicking fabric which makes it durable and reusable after many washes.Plenty of pockets are available for use even after converting the pant intoshorts.
Comes in different sizes and constructed insuch a way that it fits nicely and allows to do all the work smoothly.
- This Columbia Convertible Pant is made of differentkinds of materials all together to make it a desirable pair of travel pantsincluding mesh, nylon, and polyester.
- Used advanced technologies such as Omni shadeUPF 50 and Omni wick. Thus these pants are resistant to UV ray and can attractmoisture to keep you cool and dry.
- Has easy and useful features including kneezipper, plenty of pockets and convertibility for the ease of use.
- Semi-elastic waist and zip-off legs give anice fit and adjustability to any type of body.
- Breathable, durable and flexible.
- Comes with different colors and sizes for yourpreference.
Things We Didn’tLike:
- It doesn’t quite fit in heavy muscular person.
- The quality of the zippers is not very high.
2. prAna Stretch Zion Pant
This particular one is not only comfortablefor traveling during summer but also helpful in daily life. It has such comfortand flexibility that it is one of the best choices of travelers around theworld.
Although they look like any other normal pairof pants, they are actually very useful in traveling, hiking or any outdooractivities. Made with original starch ‘Zion’ fabric, these pants are durableand waterproof. So, not only during summer but also in the rainy season or inthe watery area, they will be quite useful.
The material is UPF 50+ which makes it notonly resistant to sunlight but also water repellent. It can be stretched in 4ways. Lightweight in construction and dries very quickly. There can nothing beas good as this one.
- Stretchable in 4 ways making it very flexibleand comfortable for extreme travel activities like hiking, mountain climbing,etc.
- 97% nylon and 3% spandex makes it durable andstrong yet very lightweight.
- Consists ‘Zion’ fabric which has a waterrepellent character.
- It has UPF 50+ and dries quicker than manyother travel pants.
- Several cargo pockets and rolled up bottomlines.
- Tailored in such a way that fits perfectlywith adjustable waist.
- Comes in various sizes and colors.
Things WeDidn’t Like:
- The pant absorbs water a lot and makes itheavy.
- Not suitable for heavy or bulky travelers.
3. MIER Men’s Hiking Pants [Lightweight & Stretchy]
MIER Men’s Hiking Pants are suitable for allseason, not only for summer. Although in summer or hot weather these areunbeatable. 88% nylon and 12% spandex makes these pants stretchable to any sizeand can be fitted to anyone.
The two material blends so well that itbecomes very comfortable to perform any activity like hiking, mountain climbingor trenching. Water repellent technology is present, so they stay dry allalong.
These pants are integrated with easy to removebelt and semi-elastic wrist band for adjustability. It also comes with a lot ofzipper pockets so that your mobile, keys or other accessories are safe duringtravel. It is such an all-around travel pant.
- Made with nylon and spandex which make it stretchable, dry and water resistant.
- The materials make it breathable and keep you cool during hot weather.
- The knee is knotted and seamed for more flexibility and movement during travel or outdoor activities.
- An adjustable belt and semi-elastic wrist bang ensure precise fitting.
- Durable and resistant to fading, shrinking or wrinkles even after several rough uses.
- 5 zipper pockets for convenience and safety.
- It comes in three different colors.
Things WeDidn’t Like:
- The zippers aren’t of very high quality.
- The fittings aren’t very satisfactory.
4. Men’s Taclite Pro Tactical Pants
65% polyester and 35% cotton blends togetherto make this unique pair of travel pants which is durable, strong but at thesame time lightweight and thin too. This one is a perfect solution for those wholike to travel a lot or goes out regularly on hot summer weather.
The fabric is Teflon treated which makes itresistant to any stains, dirt or tint. The knee and seat area are articulatedand double re-enforced, making it highly resistant to extreme break point.Multiple pockets with zipper help you to carry all your necessary accessoriessafely. There is also a D-ringed easy adjustable belt for fitting.
- Lightweight and breathable yet very strong anddurable because of the wonderful blend of cotton and polyester.
- Several pockets with YKK zippers for thesafety of accessories like phone, keys, etc.
- For the strength, the pant comes with triplestitches that prevent the risk of ripping off.
- The Teflon on the fabric prevents any dirt,stain or tint to cling on to the pants keeping it as good as new.
- The belt with D-ring in the waist helps to adjustthe pants according to the measurement of your waist.
- There is an external knife pocket available.
- Comes in various desirable colors.
Things WeDidn’t Like:
- The colors might fade a little after washing.
- There is no elastic in the waist for fitting.
5. UNIONBAY Men’s Rainier Travel Chino Pants
The main reason this UNIONBAY Men’s RainierTravel Chino Pant is on the list because of its lightweight and flexibility.The 94% nylon and 6% spandex give these pants elasticity and flexibility. Also,they have the ability to dry quickly, so these pants are perfect for extensiveoutdoor activities.
They have mesh-lined and zipped pockets which make the pockets dry and safe. The UFP 50 protects the pant from extreme sunlight. These pants are not only very useful and convenient for traveling but also very sophisticated and classy in looks. That is the reason they are very famous in Asia.
- Lightweight and durable, even after extensive use in the hotter regions.
- Very budget-friendly price for such amazing features.
- Water resistance and quick dry making it ideal for regular traveling or activities like hiking, trenching, etc.
- Button and zipper fly for convenience.
- Pockets are zipped making them dry and safe to carry things.
- Very fine and elegant looking pairs.
- UPF 50 protects against sunlight.
Things WeDidn’t Like:
- There may be some issues with size andfitting.
- They are not completely waterproof.
6. Columbia Men’s Silver Ridge Cargo Pant
Columbia Men’s Silver Ridge Cargo Pants are avery tempting option when it comes to travel pants for hot weather. The nylonand polyester blend makes it a perfect choice for all seasons. These pants aretailored in a straight leg design for maximum comfort and convenience.
Advanced technologies like Omni shade, UPF 50and Omni wick quality make these pants desirable all over the world. UPF 50, ingeneral, protects against the UV ray of sun. These pants can pull moisture fromthe skin to keep you cool and dry making it suitable for regular outdooractivities.
These cargo pants carry several pockets whichhave features like zipper, hook and loop closure for maximum security.
- Lightweight, durable and comfortable- all thequalities are available in these pants.
- UPF 50 works against the sunlight.
- Omni Wick technology keeps the pants dry andcool thus making it suitable for temperate weather.
- Multiple pockets with zipper, hook, and loopensure maximum security and portability.
- Straight leg design gives it a decent andclassy look.
- The materials blend so well that these pantsensure the highest comfort.
Things We Didn’tLike:
- Not much weatherproof like many other pants.
- There may be fitting issues present.
How To BuyThe Best Travel Pants For Hot Weather?
There is one thing clear that you are choosingtravel pants over regular pants because there are some factors. So, beforebuying travel pants those factors should be considered. Such as-
- Comfortability: Comfortability is one of the main factors a good pair of travel pant should have. You don’t want to be uncomfortable during a long journey in summer, do you? Check the fitting before buying. Some travel pants come with elastic waistbands for better adjustability. Some have articulated parts for the ease of movements, some are convertible.
- Fabric: Fabrics also have an important role to play in providing comfort. In hot weather, the fabric should be such that can circulate air and keep you cool. During extensive travel, the fabric should be stretchable. Mostly, any material mixed with a good amount of spandex is always flexible and good for travel.
- Storage: Another important factor to consider is storage. Storage is a big attribute just as the comfort. While traveling, you need to carry some essential accessories like mobile, keys, wallet, sometimes, safety knives, etc. Travel pants should have multiple pockets. Safety of the pockets is also considered so that those important accessories do not get lost.
- Weight: During travel, no one wants to carry heavy accessories. Same goes to the travel pants. A good pair of travel pants should be lightweight and thin so that it can be carried easily.
- Breathable: An ideal travel pant must have this quality. Heavy and thick pants like jeans are not suitable for the warmer climate. Breathable pants are flexible and at the same time very comfortable too. It ensures sufficient air in the legs.
- Water Resistance: One of the most useful features of travel pants is its water resistance capability. Traveling is uncertain. There can be water, rain, wetlands- you need to be prepared, and so should your pants. Water resistance can save you from many embarrassments. Although, water resistance doesn’t mean 100% waterproofing but a certain amount of water repellency.
- Quick Dry Feature: Nowadays many travel pants come with the quick dry technology which is, in fact, a very useful feature. When traveling very quickly from one place to another, this helps a lot.
- Sun Protection: In recent days, many travel pants come with the feature of sun protection. The pants are made with such technology that they have UPF 50 or more. If you are going to a warmer region or out in hot summer weather, you will definitely need this.
- Cost and Appearance: At the end of the day, everyone wants something that looks good but costs less. You will definitely want to have slim fitting pants in a budget-friendly cost.
Post You May Also Like: Best budget hiking pants
What AreTravel Pants?
You may wonder what actually travel pants are.Why are they called travel pants?
In general sense, there is no visibledifference between regular pants and travel pants. However, they are actuallydifferent in many ways. To buy a good pair of travel pants for hot weather, youneed to know what travel pant really is. In this section, we are going to talkabout the meaning of travel pants, their differences from regular pants, andlastly, their benefits.
Well, there are not many differences in looksbut some crucial features are added in the travel pants. Multiple pockets,semi-elastic banded wrist, adjustable waist belt, etc. are some of the featuresthat make travel pants different than regular pants. Some travel pants are alsoconvertible i.e. they have zippers in the knee area to make them shorts inneed. These are very useful in hot regions or warmer seasons.
Although these features might sound a bit muchfor a pant, they are added in the pants so well that they look pretty good.
Benefits Of Buying Travel Pants
During traveling, the main benefit we need isstorage. These travel pants provide storage in the first place. With multiplepockets, you can carry your phone keys, wallet, cards, etc. very easily withoutcarrying extra bags for them. Most of the times these pockets have zippers, hookand loop systems which make them safer.
Usually, these pants are made with such materials that make them durable and flexible. So, while traveling they tend to provide comfort.
Convertibles allow separating the lower partto convert it into shorts for convenience.
Moreover, travel pants ensure breathability,ease of movements and many other benefits during travel.
Finding a good product is not easy, we knowthat. Same goes for the best travel pants for hot weather. There are tons ofoptions with a variety of features that can get tricky. Before traveling, goodpreparation reduces the hassles to half. So, to make your travel hassle-freeand easy, we did extensive research to find out the best options for you. Wetried to consider all the factors when designing this list.
All you need to do is go through the listcarefully and find out the perfect pair of travel pants and get out there totravel the world with a tension free mind.