Travel pants- the name gives a hint about what they are. Yes, they are made especially for traveling. At a glance, there might not be any difference visible but trust me, there is. And it is a big deal to have a pair of travel pants with you while traveling, especially in the hot regions.
The travel pants should be comfortable, flexible and easy to use, but what about the style? Not all the travel pants are suitable for every kind of adventure. You can’t use the city pants to hiking, can you? There are a few things one needs to keep in mind while choosing a travel pant for hot weather.
What makes a travel pant worthy? What to wear in hot weather? How to choose the best travel pants for hot weather? Well, that can get confusing as the market is flooded with a lot of options. So, we made the research and narrowed down a list of the best travel pants for hot weather.
Read the article and decide for yourself which travel pant is the perfect one for you. By the end of the article, there are some tips and tricks for wearing travel pants during hot weather.
So, let’s get started!
Review of 6 Best Travel Pants For Hot Weather
When you are on some adventurous journey in hot weather, the first thing you need is the ultimate comfort. Lightweight travel clothing for hot climates is quite a good choice for travelers. Thus your pants have to be breathable, comfortable, and flexible. Not to mention, a lot of pockets and extra zippers will add more convenience to the pants. Now you know why choosing the best pair of travel pants is important when you are traveling in hot weather.
Here is a list of the 6 coolest pants that are made especially for wearing in hot weather. The whole list is designed keeping the comfort, flexibility, and convenience as well as the budget in mind.
Here it goes:
1. Columbia Silver Ridge – Best Travel Pants for Men
Undoubtedly this pant is an excellent choice to wear while traveling in hot weather. These are the convertible ones that have a zipper on the knee. The zipper allows the pants to be a 10 inch long shorts. So, in the summer season or hot weather just zip out the extra part.
Nylon ripstop material with UPF 50 fabric helps to keep the pants dry and make you feel cool. Also, it is made of the advanced wicking fabric which makes it durable and reusable after many washes. Plenty of pockets are available for use even after converting the pant into shorts.
Comes in different sizes and constructed in such a way that it fits nicely and allows to do all the work smoothly.
2. prAna Stretch Zion Pant
This particular lightweight stretch fabric hot weather pant is not only comfortable for traveling during summer but also helpful in daily life. It has such comfort and flexibility that it is one of the best choices for travelers around the world.
Although they look like any other normal pair of pants, they are actually very useful in traveling, hiking or any outdoor activities. Made with original starch ‘Zion’ fabric, these pants are durable and waterproof. So, not only during summer but also in the rainy season or in the watery area, they will be quite useful.
The material is UPF 50+ which makes it not only resistant to sunlight but also water repellent. It can be stretched in 4 ways. Lightweight in construction and dries very quickly. There can nothing be as good as this one.
3. MIER Men’s Hiking Pants – Best Hot Weather Hiking Pants
MIER Men’s Hiking Pants are suitable for all season, not only for summer. Although in summer or hot weather these are unbeatable. 88% nylon and 12% spandex makes these pants stretchable to any size and can be fitted to anyone.
The two material blends so well that it becomes very comfortable to perform any activity like hiking, mountain climbing or trenching. Water repellent technology is present, so they stay dry all along.
These lightweight work pants for hot weather are integrated with easy to remove belt and semi-elastic wrist band for adjustability. It also comes with a lot of zipper pockets so that your mobile, keys, or other accessories are safe during travel. It is such an all-around travel pant.
4. Men’s Taclite Pro Tactical Pants
65% polyester and 35% cotton blends together to make this unique pair of pants which is durable, strong but at the same time lightweight and breathable pants for hot weather. This one is a perfect solution for those who like to travel a lot or goes out regularly in hot summer weather.
The fabric is Teflon treated which makes it resistant to any stains, dirt, or tint. The knee and seat area are articulated and double re-enforced, making it highly resistant to extreme breakpoint. Multiple back and side pockets with zipper help you to carry all your necessary accessories safely. There is also a D-ringed easy adjustable belt for fitting.
5. UNIONBAY Men’s Rainier Travel Chino Pants
The main reason this UNIONBAY Men’s Rainier Travel Chino Pant is on the list because of its lightweight fabric and flexibility. The 94/6% nylon/spandex give these pants elasticity and flexibility. Also, they have the ability to dry quickly, so these pants are perfect for extensive outdoor activities.
They have mesh-lined and zipped pockets which make the pockets dry and safe. The UFP 50 protects the pant from extreme sunlight. These pants are not only very useful and convenient for traveling but also very sophisticated and classy in looks. That is the reason they are very famous in Asia.
6. Columbia Silver Ridge – Men’s Lightweight Cargo Pants for Summer.
Columbia Men’s Silver Ridge Cargo Pants are a very tempting option when it comes to travel pants for hot weather. The nylon and polyester blend makes it a perfect choice for all seasons. These pants are tailored in a straight leg design for maximum comfort and convenience.
Advanced technologies like Omni shade, UPF 50 and Omni wick quality make these pants desirable all over the world. UPF 50, in general, protects against the UV ray of sun. These pants can pull moisture from the skin to keep you cool and dry making it suitable for regular outdoor activities.
These cargo pants carry several pockets which have features like zipper, hook and loop closure for maximum security.
How To Choose Travel Pants For Hot Weather?
There is one thing clear that you are choosing travel pants over regular pants because there are some factors. So, before buying travel pants those factors should be considered. Such as-
- Comfortability: Comfortability is one of the main factors a good pair of travel pants should have. You don’t want to be uncomfortable during a long journey in summer, do you? Check the fitting before buying. Some pants come with elastic waistbands for better adjustability. Some have articulated parts for the ease of movements, some are convertible.
- Fabric: Fabrics also have an important role to play in providing comfort. Best fabric for hot weather should be such that can circulate air and keep you cool. During extensive travel, the fabric should be stretchable. Mostly, any material mixed with a good amount of spandex is always flexible and good for travel.
- Storage: Another important factor to consider is storage. Storage is a big attribute just as comfort. While traveling, you need to carry some essential accessories like mobile, keys, wallet, sometimes, safety knives, etc. Travel pants should have multiple pockets. Safety of the pockets is also considered so that those important accessories do not get lost.
- Weight: During travel, no one wants to carry heavy accessories. Same goes for the travel pants. A good pair of travel pants should be lightweight and thin so that it can be carried easily.
- Breathable: An ideal travel pant must have this quality. Heavy and thick pants like jeans are not suitable for the warmer climate. Breathable pants are flexible and at the same time very comfortable too. It ensures sufficient air in the legs.
- Water Resistance: One of the most useful features of travel pants is its water resistance capability. Traveling is uncertain. There can be water, rain, wetlands- you need to be prepared, and so should your pants. Water resistance can save you from many embarrassments. Although, water resistance doesn’t mean 100% waterproofing but a certain amount of water repellency.
- Quick Dry Feature: Nowadays many pants come with the quick-dry technology which is, in fact, a very useful feature. When traveling very quickly from one place to another, this helps a lot.
- Sun Protection: In recent days, many pants come with the feature of sun protection. The pants are made with such technology that they have UPF 50 or more. If you are going to a warm weather region or out in hot summer weather, you will definitely need this.
- Cost and Appearance: At the end of the day, everyone wants something that looks good but costs less. You will definitely want to have slim-fitting pants at a budget-friendly cost.
Post You May Also Like: Best budget hiking pants
What Are Travel Pants?
You may wonder what actually travel pants are. Why are they called travel pants?
In general sense, there is no visible difference between regular pants and hot weather travel pants. However, they are actually different in many ways. To buy a good pair of travel pants for hot weather, you need to know what travel pant really is. In this section, we are going to talk about the meaning of travel pants, their differences from regular pants, and lastly, their benefits.
Well, there are not many differences in looks but some crucial features are added in the travel pants. Multiple pockets, semi-elastic banded wrist, adjustable waist belt, etc. are some of the features that make travel pants different than regular pants. Some travel pants are also convertible i.e. they have zippers in the knee area to make them shorts in need. These are very useful in hot regions or warmer seasons.
Although these features might sound a bit much for a pant, they are added in the pants so well that they look pretty good.
Benefits Of Buying Travel Pants
During traveling, the main benefit we need is storage. These travel pants provide storage in the first place. With multiple pockets, you can carry your phone keys, wallet, cards, etc. very easily without carrying extra bags for them. Most of the times these pockets have zippers, hook and loop systems which make them safer.
Usually, these pants are made with such materials that make them durable and flexible. So, while traveling they tend to provide comfort.
Convertibles allow separating the lower part to convert it into shorts for convenience.
Moreover, travel pants ensure breathability, ease of movements and many other benefits during travel.
Finding a good product is not easy, we know that. Same goes for the best travel pants for hot weather. There are tons of options with a variety of features that can get tricky. Before traveling, good preparation reduces the hassles to half. So, to make your travel hassle-free and easy, we did extensive research to find out the best options for you. We tried to consider all the factors when designing this list.
All you need to do is go through the list carefully and find out the perfect pair of travel pants and get out there to travel the world with a tension-free mind.